Join the Wise Minority
According to a 2011 survey conducted by LexisNexis, more than half (55%) of Americans still do not have any trust and estate documents in place for life’s worst-case scenarios.
We attribute this attitude, as human as it may be, to simple lack of awareness.
What is at Stake
Trust and estate planning relates to the most valuable and sensitive areas of our lives:
- Family: Taking care of young children; and making sure that your spouse and/or children are financially secure.
- Financial assets: This can also include non-cash assets such as your business, your property and your retirement funds.
This can also include non-cash assets such as your business, your property and your retirement funds.
Creative estate planning can help your loved ones avoid substantial estate taxes, court-appointed guardianship for children, and/or destructive intra-family disputes over assets.
Keep reading to see how you can secure your family’s future.
How We Can Serve You
With over 30 years of experience, Katlowitz & Associates will help you with both common challenges and those unique to your circumstances.
PLANNING & IMPLEMENTATION: Make sure that your family is protected.
- Strategic Estate Planning
- Preparation of Wills and Trusts
- Probate of Wills
- Administration of Estates
- Legal Guardianship for the young, elderly and incapacitated.
- Business succession planning, retirement asset planning, asset protection planning and transfers of assets, both during life and post death.
- Minimizing estate taxes
- Minimizing tax on life insurance
- Creating Trusts for loved ones
- Managing and maintaining ongoing Trusts
- Avoiding probate, where appropriate
- Planning for incapacity (powers of attorney, healthcare proxies, living wills and guardianships)
- Understanding related issues (insurance, saving for college, planning for retirement and other challenging decisions)
LITIGATION & DISPUTES: Robust litigation and dispute resolution of estate matters in Federal and State courts, mediation and arbitration including Beis Din.
- Defense and challenge of estates, Wills and Trusts
- Settlement negotiation
- Contested Wills and Trusts
- Contested Powers of Attorney
- Contested Estates
- Contested Accountings
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Fraudulent transfers
- Protection of beneficiary rights
We take a meticulous approach to trust and estate disputes. For more information, please see our Litigation and Dispute Resolution page.
“We always advise clients of their options first so that they can decide what their top priorities are. We then maximize tax savings as much as possible given what’s most important to them.”
— Moshe Katlowitz
The Tax Advantage
While the total combined federal and state taxes of an estate can exceed 50%, taxes can be lowered substantially with proper planning.
Not only is Mr. Katlowitz an accomplished attorney, he is also a Certified Public Accountant with a Master’s degree in tax law. His tax expertise gives clients the valuable advantage of highly tax-conscious legal counsel. This includes the utilization of Trusts to maximize estate tax savings for federal and state taxes.
Who Can We Help?
Katlowitz & Associates has spent over 30 years serving sophisticated individuals and their families. Our most satisfied clients are those who value top-quality work. Regarding estate issues, we personally understand both the legal and emotional plight of those that have lost loved ones.
Feel Great About Your Legal Counsel
Finding the right law firm is a critical decision with long-term implications. We encourage you to request a complimentary interview with Mr. Katlowitz before making any decisions. You’ll be able to ask questions, get a feel for our style and decide if Katlowitz & Associates is right for you.
Please do not hesitate to request our list of references.